This is the classic "silver and imitation ivory" model, featuring:
- Fully beaded and combed.
- Imitation ivory projecting mounts.
- Hand engraved sterling silver beaded ferrules, open ended on stocks and closed end on drones.
- Hand engraved sterling silver top caps.
- Hand engraved sterling silver tuning slides.
- Mouthpiece has an imitation ivory bulb and hand engraved sterling silver taper.
- African Blackwood pipe chanter with hand engraved sterling silver chanter band.
All sterling silver mounts carry the full hallmark. This quality instrument includes hand engraving on sterling silver mounts. Presented to you ready to play to Murray Henderson's world-class standard. This is the classic look for many of the world's top pipers.
Instruments made pre-1970 generally had real ivory projecting mounts. However, imitation ivory permits world wide travel, without requiring CITES permits or risking confiscation at borders.
The Strathmore pipes come as "sticks and stocks". Select a setup package (bag, reeds, etc.). If you want something that's not in the setup options (sheepskin bag, wooden solo chanter, etc.) just get in touch and we'll sort out the package for you.
**Sterling silver prices quoted at time of inquiry.