These mouth-blown smallpipes have wood button and imitation ivory projecting mounts, with nickel ferrules. Mouth-blown sets come with a synthetic bag and moisture control system, and we also have an excellent synthetic chanter reed as an option.
There are some options with all the sets, including:
• Key of A or D - the A sets are easy to play and go great with other instruments. The D sets have smaller spacing and a higher, sweeter pitch. Both are great sets. See the videos on the information pages to hear the difference.
• Drone Switch - you have the option to have a switch on the main stock for turning all the drones off/on as required. This is not necessary, costs a little more, but is a very nice feature, especially for beginners, and for playing in groups of mixed instruments when you want to choose when to sound the drones.
• Engraving Patterns - You can choose no engraving (plain) or from one of four patterns: Thistle, Celtic, Zoomorphic and Victorian.
• Optional Materials - we have supplied gold/mopane sets, brass mounts, and sterling silver, with or without hand-engraving.
• Pipe Case, Extra Reeds - Let us know if you need a case. We'll give you a great price on a case with pipes, and if you want extra reeds off the top, it's best to get all that set up from the start.
The chart below shows the basic prices in Pounds Sterling for pipes and shipping. Customers receiving pipes in the EU will pay 20% VAT. Canadian residents will pay GST.