These mouth-blown smallpipes have wood button and imitation ivory projecting mounts, with nickel ferrules. Mouth-blown sets come with a synthetic bag and moisture control system, and we also have an excellent synthetic chanter reed as an option.
There are some options with all the sets, including:
• Key of A or D - the A sets are easy to play and go great with other instruments. The D sets have smaller spacing and a higher, sweeter pitch. Both are great sets. See the videos on the information pages to hear the difference.
• Drone Switch - you have the option to have a switch on the main stock for turning all the drones off/on as required. This is not necessary, costs a little more, but is a very nice feature, especially for beginners, and for playing in groups of mixed instruments when you want to choose when to sound the drones.
• Engraving Patterns - You can choose no engraving (plain) or from one of four patterns: Thistle, Celtic, Zoomorphic and Victorian.
• Optional Materials - we have supplied gold/mopane sets, brass mounts, and sterling silver, with or without hand-engraving.
• Pipe Case, Extra Reeds - Let us know if you need a case. We'll give you a great price on a case with pipes, and if you want extra reeds off the top, it's best to get all that set up from the start.